Thursday 4 April 2013

Survival level: Term 1

So I did it, I survived through the first term. On the last day of school, I bid my students farewell, the normal "have a great holiday, be safe blah blah blah..." What I really wanted to do was surf on the desks, swing from the ceiling fans, screaming "I'M FREEEEE, FREE I TELL YOU, WOHOOOOOO!!!!!" But that may have been slightly inappropriate. Instead I allowed myself a relatively silent fistpump the moment the last scuffed shoe and slumped posture had exited the door. 

I have a feeling my students are under the impression that I actually didn't WANT to see them leave, in fact, one even said "don't miss us too bad miss, we'll be back soon", and hinted that they might bump into me at the local mall and that I MUST say hello!

So while I'm sipping my sparkling wine, eating Easter chocolate, lazing outside with a good book,  sleeping in til late, watching movies whenever I want and generally being a slob... I'll find time to toast a glass towards those dear students of mine... And I'll try my UTMOST not to miss them....

No comments:

Post a Comment